Credit/Time: 1 hour
This presentation will focus on managing moisture in single wythe masonry walls, including flashing and drainage system details and for a generic single wythe masonry wall system.
- Review the minimum code requirements for masonry flashing and weepholes.
- Review materials and industry recommendations for masonry flashing and weepholes.
- Review flashing and drainage system details for a generic single wythe masonry wall system.
- Learn how water repellents and tooling mortar joints can help manage moisture in single wythe m
- Masonry Construction magazine, 1989, Painting Concrete Masonry
- NCMA TEK Note 19-2B, 2012, Design for Dry Single-Wythe Concrete Masonry Walls (see highlights)
- NCMA TEK Note 19-1, 2006, Water Repellents for Concrete Masonry Walls
- NCMA TEK Note 19-7, 2008, Characteristics of Concrete Masonry Units with Integral Water Repellent
- NCMA TEK Note 3-6C, 2012, Concrete Masonry Veneers (see page 2)
- MIM The Story Pole magazine, January/February 2007, article Tooling Time is Key